When Qlik Sense 'Extended Security Environment' is enabled on a virtual proxy, user sessions are not terminated as expected when logging in from different devices. (see Multiple Session With One User - Qlik Sense
for an explanation of what this setting is supposed to do)Steps to Reproduce:
- Open Chrome, login to the hub and open an app.
- Open Firefox, login to the hub and open an app.
- Navigate to Chrome, the session has been terminated (Connection to Qlik Sense engine failed for unspecified reasons). Refresh the page to take back the session.
- Go back to Firefox. The session there is still active, even though I just took it back in Chrome.
- Refresh the page in Firefox. Observe that the Chrome session it has now been lost again.
- Repeat steps 1-5; the reverse is also true.
- Adding a 3rd browser after step 5 (such as IE) doesn't move the session control to IE; it remains with the device that claimed the second session (Firefox above).
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, June 2018