In the QMC the RIM node shows offline or never contacted. If you run the Repository on bootstrap on the rim node you only see "Waiting for initial configuration to be run by node".
Qlik Sense all versions
Missing host.cfg file will prevent the rim node talking to the central node.
Check if there is a host.cfg file existing in C:\Programdata\Qlik\Sense
If there is please check if the content is the correct name, which is setup in the QMC, using the website https://www.base64encode.org/
If there is no file existing, please create one named host.cfg and generate the Base64 content for the rimnode name in the setup in the qmc on the page https://www.base64encode.org/
Once the file is in place:
- stop all Qlik services
- open a cmd promt with administrative permissions
- change to cd "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository"
- start Repository.exe -bootstrap
- wait for the line Bootstrap mode has terminated. Press ENTER to exit..
- Press ENTER and go to services.msc
- start up all services in the QMC and check for the status under Nodes
- if the services are showing "node offline", press the distribute certificate button for that node