In the QMC the RIM node shows offline or never contacted. If you run the Repository on bootstrap on the rim node you only see "Waiting for initial configuration to be run by node".Environment:
Qlik Sense Enterprise, all versions
On the Rim node, check if the file host.cfg
exists in C:\Programdata\Qlik\Sense
If the file is present check if the file content decrypts to the correct Rim node machine name by using the site https://www.base64encode.org/
If no file exists, please create one named host.cfg
and generate the Base64 content for the Rim node name via the site https://www.base64encode.org/
Once the file is in place:
- Stop all Qlik services
- Open a Command line prompt (Run > cmd) with administrative permissions (Right-Click > Run As Administrator)
- Change to cd "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository"
- Type and run repository.exe -bootstrap
- Wait for the line Bootstrap mode has terminated. Press ENTER to exit..
- Press ENTER and open the Windows services snap-in (Start > Run > services.msc)
- Start up all services in the QMC and check for the status under Nodes
- If the services are showing "offline", press the Redistribute / Distribute Certificate button for that node.