How To Export Qlik Sense App Without DataArticle Number: 000053820 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
In some cases, you can export an app as the app size is a big and has a lot of calculation and data
This article explains that how to export Qlik sense app without data.
You can use Exit script; to export an app without data.
The concept of exporting an app without data
1. Duplicate an app
2. Put Exit script; on edit script
3. Run load data but the app contains no data
4. Delete Exit script; on edit script
5. Export the app without data
Steps about Exporting an app without data;
I. Go to "QMC >> Apps" and duplicate an app(a)
2. Go to "Hub >> Work" and then Open Sheet on the app(a)
3. Click "Data load editor" under "compass icon" (left top)
4. Put Exit script; on top of script
5. Save the app(a)
6. Reload data (clik "Load data" button )
The app reloaded but there will be no data
7. Go to Hub and reopen the app(a) then you can see the message that "This app contains no data"
8. Go to "Hub >> Work" and then Open Sheet on the app(a) again
9. Delete Exit script; on top of script (Don't load data after removing Exit script)
10. Go to "QMC >> Apps"
11. Export the app(a)
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.