Qlik Sense: How to connect to AD using "Active Directory" UDCArticle Number: 000053447 | Last Modified: 2020/02/12
For connecting AD using Generic LDAP connector, follow article How to connect to Active Directory using the Generic LDAP Connector
- Confirm current server is Central Node and Repository Service is running correctly.
- In order to confirm AD connectivity, download a 3rd party tool called "LDAP Admin" and run it on current server.
- In LDAP Admin, create a connection.
- For the detailed information, consult your Domain Administrator.
- Make sure the connection passes test.
- Once connected, go to Search > Custom > set "Path" to the top level > Input appropriate LDAP filter. Make sure there are some users fetched successfully.
Contact Domain Administrator for any assistance.
Filter creation can refer to this article Qlik Sense: How to create a filter in Directory Connector (and test it)
[VERY IMPORTANT] Before moving forward, confirm if there is any RootAdmin assigned to a domain user in Qlik Sense.
If there is, make sure that user appears in the search result of above filter otherwise it will be marked as inactive and could potentially lock users out from QMC. Also follow How to avoid the RootAdmin(s) from becoming inactive. But this step should not be relied on so please still make sure the filter fetches current RootAdmin.
- Go to QMC > User directory connector > Create new > Active Directory:
- Use following settings:
Sync user data for existing users: Only uncheck this setting if you know the amount of users is reasonably low -- for instance, less than a thousand. If not sure, always keep it checked.
Path: LDAP://["host" used in step 3]
Username / password: Credentials used in step 3
Under certain conditions, these fields can be left blank. More information: The only "configuration-free" authentication setup for Authentication such as Active Directory
Additional LDAP filter: Filter used in step 5
- Hit Apply, go back and do a Sync. Confirm the Sync is successful.
- Go to QMC > Users > Filter by "User directory". Confirm the users are fetched.
Again, for any issues happening before step 6, please contact Domain Administrator. For any issues happening after step 6, please contact Qlik Support.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.