_deletedentitylogs wasting C:\ spaceArticle Number: 000052404 | Last Modified: 2019/09/02
In a heavy loaded system with many tasks and a lot of development activity Qlik sense database table _deltedentitylogs could waste all space on C:\ drive.
How to check:
Checking with files are wasting space on c:\ it results that some files in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6\base is consuming Gb of space.
Connect with PGAdmin (Installing and Configuring pgAdmin 4 for Qlik Sense June 2017 Release and up)to Qlik Sense Database and use the Query Tool to issue below queries:
SELECT relname,relfilenode FROM pg_class WHERE "relname" = '_deletedentitylog' ;the query returns the filenames that are storing data of that table on file system.
Starting from filename you could use
SELECT relname,relfilenode FROM pg_class WHERE "relfilenode" = '12266' ;to get the table name associated to files named 12266 .
- Qlik Sense Enterprise November 2017
The following configuration options were added:
- DeletedEntityLogMaintenance.Enabled - Defines if maintenance work should be enabled or not. Default true.
- DeletedEntityLogMaintenance.Interval - Defines how often the maintenance work should run. Default 24 hours.
The following configuration options have been changed from previous versions:
- DeletedEntityLogMaintenance.StartAt - Is no longer specified in local time. Instead the time is relative to UTC.
- DeletedEntityLogMaintenance.CleaningThreshold - Renamed from CleaningThresholdInDays and is no longer an integer value. Instead the value is entered as a TimeSpan in format days.hh:mm:ss. Default 90.00:00:00.
But if space needs to be reclaimed faster, a workaround can be deployed:
Workaround:If the table that is wasting space on C:\ drive is "_deletedentitylog" it is safe to empty the table manually:
0) Schedule a minimum of 30 min of down time and stop all Qlik Sense Services except for the Qlik Sense Repository Database service.
1) connect to Postgres DB with PGAdmin Installing and Configuring pgAdmin 4 for Qlik Sense June 2017 Release and up
2) select the QSR Database
3) Open Query tool
4) issue the query
truncate "_deletedentitylog";5) Restart Qlik Sense Services starting from Qlik Sense Repository Service and Qlik Sense Dispatcher
When truncating the table a new empty file will be created for that table.
Note: Please perform a Repository database backup prior to the above steps
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.