Qlik NPrinting - Process CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess not being releaseArticle Number: 000052286 | Last Modified: 2019/04/23
We will explain what those processes are and what you can do to release them.
CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess is a process opened by NPrinting to import images from Qlik Sense.
Essentially they are created to connect to Qlik Sense and get the images. Those will connection will be created if you execute a preview and/or a task.
NPrinting can open no more than 2 of these processes* for each core in the machine.
They won't be released once the operation is finished because opening them again has a cost in time and resources.
* The limitation on for old releases was 2x(number of cores)^2. Starting from April release it is x2
Qlik NPrinting any version
To set this parameter you can
- Stop the NPrinting service QlikNPrintingScheduler
- Open the file %ProgramFiles%\NPrintingServer\NPrinting\Scheduler\scheduler.config with a text editor as Administrator
- In the "Scheduler options" section add the following line and save the changes:
<key="force-unused-resolvers-closure-policy" value="1" />
- Restart the QlikNPrintingScheduler service
We strongly recommend to take a backup of the file before modifying it.Note that by doing, every time you will run your report, NPrinting will have to reopen new connections to fetch images from Qlik Sense which can make the overall execution of your task slower.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.