QlikView - Qlik Management Server is showing the QlikView WebServer down "The Web Server Is currently not responding"
Article Number: 000051603 | Last Modified: 2018/11/21
After a maintenance like upgrade, service/server restart, you notice that the QlikView WebServer Service is not coming up in the Qlik Management Console.
You see the error message "The Web Server Is currently not responding"
Below are few steps to troubleshoot this issue.
QlikView any version
- Make sure the QlikView WebServer service is started (Try to restart it)
- Make sure the port 4750 is listening on the QlikView WebServer machine. You can use the command 'netstat -aon'
- Try to open the URL http://servername:4750/QVWS/Service from the QlikView WebServer first and if it works from the QlikView Management Service server
- If the URL does not open from the QlikView Management Service server this indicates a network related issue. You can check the following
- Any proxy, firewall blocking the communication between the QlikView Management Service and the QlikView WebServer through the port 4750
- The DNS resolving correctly the server name (You can use the command ping from the QlikView Management Service)