Qlik NPrinting Designer is launched by clicking on the "Edit Report" button but it does not start.
Sometimes an error message is shown.
It is possible that NPrinting designer started but it is not possible to edit reports.Environment:
- Qlik NPrinting Designer all versions
There are many possible causes that are generally related to an non complete compatibility with the OS settings. They are all listed in the "Resolution" paragraph.
Here are the steps to resolve the problem:
- Be sure that there are not other NPrinting Designer or Office instance working in the background before starting NPrinting Designer. You can verify this in Task Manager--> Details.
- Check that the NPrinting Designer application is running exactly the same version as NPrinting Server and NPrinting Engine. If not, unistall NPrinting designer and install the same version as the NPrinting Server.
- The NPrinting Designer application may be corrupted. Could you, please, uninstall and install it again?
- Go to the machine Display setting (right click on the desktop and choose Display settings). Be sure that "Scale and Layout" is set to the recommended value (see the attached image).
- . Go to the NPrinting Designer installation folder, by default:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Designer
- Right click on NPrintingDesigner.exe
- Choose Properties
- Select "Compatibility" in the ribbon bar of the window that opens (see the attached image):
- be sure that :
- the compatibility mode is set to the OS you are using
- the "Override high DPI scaling ... " option is flagged
- the "Run this program as Administrator" option is flagged