PInstructions to deploy a third party certificate from a Trusted Root Authority and subsequently generate a .crt and .key file for use with NPrinting not followed correctly. Reference:
Help > Deploying Qlik NPrinting > Security > Platform security > Certificates > Managing keys and certificates
If you have accurately configured On Demand with the correct information mentioned in the links above, check below.
- Use a valid 3rd party certificate from a Trusted Root Authority and install the certificates on the QV IIS server in the Trusted Roots and Personal Folder as 'local machine' in the MMC certificate manager.
- Follow the instructions here to process the public .crt file needed for JWT
To verify that the thumbprint in the ON Demand installation matches the certificate thumbprint:
- Open the processed exported .crt file and copy the contents to the JWT settings in ON Demand within the NPrinting web console.
- Use the thumbprint of the third party certificate to install the ON Demand components
- If using a wild card certificate, make sure to:Install NPrinting On Demand Components using the fully qualified path name and port of the NPrinting Server ie: https://myNPrintingServer.qlik.com:4993
- From April 2019 and earlier versions: Export the Qlik Sense certificates using the fully qualified name of the Qlik NPrinting server (ie: myNPrintingServer.qlik.com) and re-import those certificates on the NPrinting Server using the NPrinting certificate installation tool. See certificate installation steps in Help > Deploying Qlik NPrinting > Qlik NPrinting installation > Connecting Qlik NPrinting with Qlik Sens
- From June 2019 release of NPrinting, you may connect to multiple Qlik Sense servers. It is no longer necessary to use the certificate import tool.
- It is therefore critical to update the client.pfx files for all connected Qlik Sense servers that are stored in the "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\Settings\SenseCertificates" folder. For information about connecting to multiple Qlik Sense services see Connect NPrinting Server to Multiple Qlik Sense servers.
- Ensure that each client.pfx file in renamed to recognize with QS server it was exported from.
See image below:
Path to the On Demand .json file on the QV IIS server where the On Demand components is as follows: