After a service restart of the QlikView Management Service, it stops after few seconds.
Looking into the Management Service logs (by default stored in C:\Programdata\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log) you see the following error message
20180516T102116.430+0200 Error Fatal error occurred while initializing repository. System.Exception: Database is not a Publisher database. || at QMSBackendDDL.Config.CreateAndPatchDatabase() || at QMSBackendInterface.QMSBackend.StartupRepository(Int32 rootLogID, String newConnectionString)
QlikView any version with QVPR (Repository) stored on Microsoft SQL Server
I. In case you get Found database version: -2
it will then mean that the Qlik Management Service is unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server.
Please make sure you haven't change any configuration such as
- The Username/Password of the user connecting to your Microsoft SQL Server
- The name of the database
- The listening port of your Microsoft SQL Server
If this cannot be corrected the recommendation follows:
- Take a database backup of your QVPR
- Take a backup of C:\Programdata\QlikTech\ManagementService
- Remove/Rename the file qvpr_servername.ini in C:\Programdata\QlikTech\ManagementService (This will reset the connection string and will allow you to start the Qlik Management Service with the QVPR on XML)
- Start the Qlik Management Service and connect to your QMC
- Reconnect back the QMC to your SQL Server with the correct information by going to System -> Setup -> Management Service -> Repository as explained here
- Verify that you have retrieved your tasks and configurations
II. In case the logs register Found database version: -1 and following the steps above does not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to restore a working backup of the SQL QVPR database, or recreate it using the "
Migrate Data from Current Repository" option explained in the link above.