How to manually change the central node failover timeout in Qlik Sense June 2017, and prior to February 2018.
While possible to do, we do not recommend manual modifications to the database. Please refer to Change Central Node Failover Timeout
for additional options. Environment:
Qlik Sense June 2017
Qlik Sense September 2017
Qlik Sense November 2017
You'll need to download pgAdmin separately as it no longer comes bundled with Qlik Sense June 2017 (Installing and Configuring pgAdmin 4
), or you can use another admin tool of your choice.
You can set the timeout in the database under ServiceClusterSettingsSharedPersistenceProperties
1. Once you've connected to the database, navigate to ServiceClusterSettingsSharedPersistenceProperties
<image break for space>
2. Right-click and select "View/Edit Data > All Rows"
3. Scroll to the end of the table, and double-click the "Failover Timeout" value
4. Edit that value to whatever you want the timeout to be (in minutes), and click "Save"
5. Check the Service Cluster settings in the QMC to validate your changes