When we have data in a table in Qlik Sense and we try to export into excel, some columns that have numbers are exported as a text.
- Incorrect format in the source files or source data.
- Sometimes the Qlik Sense the table object has columns from different source tables that have related data. One thing to lookup is that one of these tables can have records that are not corresponding records on the other table. And at the moment of using set analysis (a sum expression) Qlik sense can represent the "null" values in the frontend as "0" but the number formatting will be "Auto" for that column, if we export this most likely will be exported and represented as a "General" format in Excel.
For assistance with Qlik Sense design and development, and much more, join Qlik community
; Connect and learn from over 80.000 active users, find answers, and discover best practices and tips and tricks.
Data source format
Verify that the data source has the correct format set for the data
Data format in Sense object
Change the format in the object you are exporting from to the correct value
- Select the table you want to export
- In the "Data" menu select the column with the problem when exporting to excel.
- Change the value of the Number formatting from "Auto" to "Number", "Money" (Depending if it's currency or money format) or "Custom" and apply the desired format pattern.
- Press on "Done"