Qlik Sense Default FiltersArticle Number: 000049915 | Last Modified: 2019/05/27
- Qlik Sense June 2018 and earlier
A enhancement point was created requesting this feature, the ticket ID is 989.
We also have some options to work around this non existent functionality:
- Create bookmarks with the desired selections and apply it when needed.
- Using the extension mentioned in this post: https://community.qlik.com/thread/233437.
- Use Set Analysis to filter the data, but this solutions won't allow users to remove the selections without editing the expressions.(https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysis/set-analysis-expressions.htm).
- Use Section Access to show only a specific set of data to some users, so it will filter the data to users, but it also won't give you the possibility to remove the reduction
UPDATE: Default filter is supported since Qlik Sense September 2018 by using default bookmark feature. The feature is documented in the product help site at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Bookmarks/set-default-bookmark.htm
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.