NPrinting pdf report paging not as expected
Article Number: 000049652 | Last Modified: 2018/11/21
In a PDF report, are the following feasible?
- Repeat table headers in every page of PDF. For e.g. if a table pans multiple sheets, the table headers should appear in the beginning of every page of PDF.
- Every new report corresponding to the specific to a parameter starts in a new page of PDF. For e.g. If a report is paged on Organization Name, the table corresponding to one organization name should start in a new page.
- Every page in the PDF has the parameter repeated in every page relevant to the data. For e.g. If the report is paged/leveled based on an Organization Name, every page that the table pans should have the Organization Name.
- NPrinting Designer 16 and above.
Report data in an NPrinting report is dynamic in nature wherein the data is generated in real time and varies every time the entity tags in the report template are mapped with the corresponding data. As a result the number of rows occupied may vary and hence the amount of space a table occupies varies too. There is no tag to tell NPrinting that the end of page of the PDF document has been reached and a new page is about to start. Therefore any such requirement such as repeating table headers, bookmarks, watermarks which are intrinsic features of PDF may not be achieved in a PDF generated from NPrinting.
When the report is paged over a field, this change in field value is a tag which NPrinting can capture. Therefore, all these requirements are fulfilled ONLY when a new page of the report (not the pdf) starts.
- Repeat table headers for every page.
Re: This is not feasible. The table header repeats only when there is a new value to page on.
- Every new report corresponding to the specific to a parameter starts in a new page of PDF.
Re: We can achieve this by paging the report based on a parameter. Every time the value of the paging parameter changes the page of the report changes.
- Every page in the PDF has the parameter repeated in every page relevant to the data.
Re: This is not feasible. The parameter can be made to appear only when the value in the parameter changes.