Using the Capability API Export() Method in a Mashup to Export CSV Data Does Not work in Safari on the iPadArticle Number: 000049038 | Last Modified: 2018/11/21
Native CSV data export works correctly from the Hub on both Desktop and mobile devices, and a mashup using the export() method works correctly on Desktop and on Chrome on mobile devices.
However, when using Safari on the iPad the file does not download from the mashup--and the Engine Audit logs show that the export was successful on the server:
24900 126.96.36.199 20180411T164549.053+0100 SomeQlikSenseServer 33603a4a-3662-4225-a969-97af2e22f804 20180411T164549.069+0200 188.8.131.52 Command=Export CSV;Result=0;ResultText= ae4b4167-32da-40e7-b6b9-02132db7c955 e30319c0-6d83-411c-9c6f-c20bbcd1c469 22 someDomain someUser aBcDe Not available Engine Not available ExportData Export CSV 0 Exported Object aBcDe of type table. Elapsed time: 17ms 33603a4a-3662-4225-a969-97af2e22f804
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, Sept2017 Patch 2
- iPad iOS 11
- Safari mobile browser
- Go to Settings > Safari > General and uncheck "Block Pop-Ups".
- Initiate the download. Safari will now alert the user a pop-up is being opened when the user tries to export data.
- Allow the pop-up. A new tab is opened, previewing the csv data.
- Download the file like any other on the iPad with Safari; e.g., click the share icon in the browser and send the file to an app (such as email, or a cloud storage service) in order to download it.
Note: Qlik does NOT support the 3rd party software mentioned and used in this documentation. Please use them at your own discretion and, if concerned, contact the proper IT team within your company to verify the ability to use non-Qlik related software in the environment.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.