How to setup a Data Connection to the QRS API using Certificates on the June 2017 release or higherArticle Number: 000048247 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
(2) - Add the URL of the QRS endpoint that you want to connect to:
- Note: Since we are connecting using Certificates, we need to use port 4242 (help.qlik.com reference)
(4) In the Authentication section, select Anonymous and Use certificate from file:
- Note: For the Certificate file location, the expected format is file.pfx pointing to the client certificate used by Qlik Sense. Do note that this is a filename and not a file location. The file system location of the file is determined by the CertificateDirectoryPath key in the Qlik REST connector config (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvRestConnector\QvRestConnector.exe.config). The default location where the Qlik REST connector will look for certificates is C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Certificates
- See article Export client certificate and root certificate to make API calls with Postman for instructions on exporting certificates from the QMC
- Note: The Qlik REST connector requires a password on the exported certificates for security purposes.
- Query parameters
- Name: xrfkey
- Value: 16 character alphanumeric string
- Query headers:
- Name: X-Qlik-Xrfkey
- Value: Same 16 character alphanumeric string from the xrfkey value
- Name: X-Qlik-User
- Value: X-Qlik-User: UserDirectory=<directory>; UserId=<userid>
- This user will need to have the needed rights on the API endpoint. Using a RootAdmin account here is recommended.
- Note: If using INTERNAL accounts, it is recommended to use the sa_api user rather than sa_repository. The sa_repository user is used by the Repository Service whereas the sa_api user is purpose built for use in API use cases. This allows better tracking through logs should you need to investigate what occurred on a system.
- Name: Response-Type
- Value: application/json
(6) Test the connection and save it when it is successful.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.