NPrinting by default will use all available resources on the system
Managing QV and QS processes
- Stop the Qlik Nprinting Engine Service ( "on all nodes you have installed it ")
- Backup of %ProgramFiles%\NPrintingServer\NPrinting\Engine\engine.config ( check the right path if you have a custom install )
- Open with text editor %ProgramFiles%\NPrintingServer\NPrinting\Engine\engine.config
- Next, inside the the app setting section of the engine.config file "<appSettings> .... </appSettings>"
- Add a row with the number of resolvers above the </appSettings> closing tag as shown below:
<add key="resolvers-count" value="2" />
- These sample settings allow two .exe processes to run concurrently.
- Note that it is not recommended to allow more than a value of 12 due to ensure maximum performance and there should be sufficient system RAM to support the use of 12 resolver/processes with NPrinting. More related information found under Performance Guidelines.
<add key="resolvers-count" value="12" />
- Save the config file
- Start Nprinting Engine .
There is no default way to limit the number of QV Desktop connections opened locally. The above applies for QlikView Server (qvp:/) connections.