Question regarding NPrinting data and where it is storedArticle Number: 000047451 | Last Modified: 2018/11/21
- If you are planning on using NPrinting to interact with a QlikView or Qlik Sense web server for On Demand and NewsStand and your security security group wants to know what type of data is stored locally on the NPrinting server and inside the Postgres repository.
- Are cached files/data just "pointers" to the actual data and does the cache contain the data as well?
- For Newstand, are the actual reports stored in Postgres or are they just pointers to the data that is actually stored in the .qvw files?
Answer: The cache files are descriptions of the document or app, and the fields value are stored instead inside the Postgres DB up to 1000 rows. The remainder of the data is retrieved from the QVW or Qlik Sense application.
For Newstand and Publish tasks, are the actual reports stored in Postgres or are they just pointers to the data that is actually stored in the .qvw files?
Answer: NPrinting reports are NOT stored as BLOB data in the postgres database.
The reports are sent to locations:
- designated in the publish report task such as email or destination folder defined in the report task
- subscription reports are kept on the NP server in a physical file location below:
Note: there are no pointers to the data. It’s the exported data itself in report output formats html, pdf, xlsx, pptx, docx, tiff etc depending on which report output format is selected in the report task.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.