Creating an Environment for Technical CasesArticle Number: 000045593 | Last Modified: 2019/07/05
Related articles: How to raise a Technical case
An environment is a snapshot of the technical environment where the Qlik product is installed. It contains all the vital information Technical Support needs in order to start resolving the issue, such as the license number. It also helps to ease the case submission process since all Environments can be reused for cases.
- To create an environment, log in to the Support Portal and select the "View My Environments" tab
- An environment can be created/maintained here, or during the case creation process.
- To create a new environment, select "Add New Environment"
Note: When creating the environment give it a name that makes sense to you e.g. "My production environment". More than one Environment can be created per license.
- Type the Account name or select one from the drop-down list below (Partners only). Once you have selected the Account, you will be able to choose a license associated to that account in the drop-down menu for "License" (Contact Customer Support if you are not able to see the license).
- Select the Product and Type and provide any further information to fully identify your environment, such as version and operating system. (All fields marked with an asterisk * are obligatory).
- Click on "Save"
Note: Make sure to always review (and update as needed) the environment details when creating a case against it.
- To Edit an Environment, go the "Environments tab" and select an Environment. Once selected, click on "Edit"
- In the Environment details page one can add other products to an environment such as connectors and see all cases linked to that specific environment.
- The information below is for the case creation process:
- For Partners: Please select the End User Account first by selecting from the drop-down list and then click on "Please choose an Environment"
- For Customers: Click directly on "Please Choose an Environment" as the "End User information" will not appear for Customers.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.