How to resolve sense app or qvw variables showing as formula in NPrinting report outputArticle Number: 000045525 | Last Modified: 2019/04/24
- Variables in Nprinting excel report from version 17.6 show up as the underlying formula in the report rather than the expected output values.
- If a Qlik Sense Application or QlikView variable is to be calculated by NPrinting, it must be defined (similar to as done in excel formulas) with the '=' sign.
- If a variable is defined without the '=', NPrinting fails to evaluate it's value.
- This requirement is specific to NPrinting Reporting
1. If you need to evaluate a variable inside an NPrinting Report for either or both of the following scenarios:
- as a single variable value that can be dragged to the NP report editor from inside the report template variable editor
- as a variable field when configuring the cycling feature for the NPrinting report
you must use the = sign when creating or modifying an existing variable in the Qlik Sense App Editor
2. If the variable is used within a chart as a chart expression, then you must NOT use = to expand the variable. You must create a second identical variable (same formula) with a different name:
VarApp1 - where sum(sales) is the expression inside the variable (original variable)
VarApp1b - where =sum(sales) is the expression inside the variable (new variable that can be used in NPrinting report cycles or as a single value used in the variable editor inside the NPrinting report template editor
3. Use an expression in the NPrinting Template Editor. (this method can't be used as a report cycle)
Reference: Variables do not expand before calculating
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.