NPrinting dynamic report naming - Variables do not work as expected
Article Number: 000044603 | Last Modified: 2019/02/15
The full formula behind the variable used in NPrinting Dynamic Report Naming appears in the report name output rather than the value of the variable.
A change to NPrinting was done with NPrinting that resolves a critical issue that results in the requirement to update your existing variable or create a new similarly named variable
- Open your Variable Editor in QlikView or Qlik Sense and find the variable that is not working for example MyVariableNP
- Create an Identical Variable using the same variable formula with a slightly different name ie: MyVariableNPv2
- Add the '=' parameter in front of the variable formula to new new variable and save the QVF or QVW application
- Regenerate the NPrinting connection cache for the QVW or QVF that contains the updated variable formula
- Open your NPrinting report and switch to the new variable to report name cycling and to your report template
- Report name output is generated as desired
Please note: If you do not use the variable affected in any of your charts, it is NOT necessary to create a second variable. You may simply modify the original variable and variable formula - ie: place an '=' sign in front of the variable formula - to resolve the issue.