How to Resolve NPrinting Messenger Service Not Running and Not StartingArticle Number: 000043782 | Last Modified: 2019/07/10
Description of the Problem:
- NPrinting is down and cannot normally start the NPrinting Messaging service and
- Subsequently the NP Scheduler service fails to start as well.
- This results in most NPrinting systems from operating as expected including report distribution and previewing.
- September 2018 SR 2 and older versions only.
What has caused this problem?
- Corruption has occurred in NPrinting related database files, perhaps as a result of an overly aggressive antivirus software. See Qlik NPrinting Server and Designer Anti Virus Folder Exclusions
- Using an Administrator Command Prompt, navigate to C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\rabbitmq_server-3.x.x\sbin
- Type rabbitmq-server.bat start
- This may prompt the server startup and exit with a failure with messages such as “not_a_dets_file” or “not a dets file” referring to files in C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\RabbitMQ\db\
To resolve the issue:
- 1. Stop all NPrinting services then navigate to C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\RabbitMQ\db\
- 2. Rename the folder: rabbit@&computername% to rabbit@&computername%.old
- 3. Go to the Windows 'Services' panel and start all NPrinting services. Notice that a new db subfolder is generated
- 4. Open a command prompt and navigate to C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\rabbitmq_server-3.5.7\sbin (determine the exact path as per the 'Diagnosis' section of this article)
- 5. Then type into this command prompt: rabbitmqctl.bat list_permissions
- 6. If it is working normally, you will see:
Note: if your NPrinting installation began as NP 17.3 or lower, you may also need to repair the rabbit "remote user" account associated with the rabbit messaging service
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.