Users accessing a newly installed Qlik product such as Qlik Sense or NPrinting via browser and encounter this error(actual message differs depending on device and browser):
How to resolve it?
During installation, some Qlik products creates self-signed certificates, which is NOT trusted by any devices but the server itself.
Qlik does NOT issue SSL certificate. Hence Qlik is not able to provide any trusted certificate.
System administrator who does the installation is responsible of making sure appropriate certificates is used.
Reason of this error:
- Current client device does not trust the SSL certificate.
To fix it, system administrator needs to make sure:
Before installing Qlik products, some decisions have to be made by system administrator:
Important: System administrator needs to make this decision and make sure all the client devices trust the certificate. This procedure is outside of Qlik Support's capability.
- Is it necessary to enable SSL?
- If YES, what type of SSL Certificate to use in this system?
- Self-signed certificate: By default only trusted by current server itself. Not trusted by any other devices.
- Can be created on current server.
- Organization trusted certificate: trusted by all the devices within the organization. Not trusted by any devices outside of this organization.
- Can only be created by organization's IT department.
- Publicly trusted certificate: trusted by most devices in the world.
- Can only be obtained via public CA such as GoDaddy.
Further reference:GeoAnalytics Server: SSL certificate needs to be prepared separatelyHow to: Change the certificate used by the Qlik Sense ProxyUsing SSL With QilkView: An Introduction
(This article demonstrates how to generate self-signed certificate using IIS)How To Setup HTTPS With QlikView Web Server
(This article demonstrates how to generate self-signed certificate using PowerShell)[Internal] How to create dummy Certificate by using OpenSSL
(This article demonstrates how to generate self-signed certificate using OpenSSL)