Scheduled NPrinting tasks are successful but e-mails are not sent to recipients
Article Number: 000042338 | Last Modified: 2018/11/21
- NPrinting publish task is configured to have a email destination. The task is successful but no emails are sent.
- Reports are successfully generated for other destinations like Newsstand and folder.
- The scheduler log has the entry like 'An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:25'
NPrinting server attempts to make an SMTP connection with the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on port 25 but due to issues reach-ability of the server, the connection fails.
- Check the health and reach-ability of the SMTP server.
- Verify if the NPrinting service user is able to use this SMTP server to send an email, even outside of NPrinting.
- There is some guidance in this Microsoft forum which may be followed to overcome this error.