Since the initial 12.10 release and later service releases of QlikView, making connections to web files in QlikView does not work while using a network proxy. Other applications are able to utilize the proxy settings and make connections without issue.
Proxy server in use on the network. If proxy requires login and the solution above does not work, it is not a support issue.
A workaround is available, but the following requirements must be met:
- Server mode, (QVS)
- Has relatively simple proxy settings (explicit proxy server:port without username or password)
The following settings need to be added to the QlikView settings.ini file for both QlikView Server and QlikView Desktop:
- WebFileConnectorProxyServer: to set proxy server address;
- WebFileConnectorProxyPort: to set proxy server port;
Default locations for the settings.ini files are as follows:
- Settings.ini default location for QlikView Server is located in: %ProgramData%\QlikTech\QlikViewServer
- Settings.ini default location for QlikView Desktop is located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView
Another workaround can be found in QlikView 12 cannot load data from web file