NPrinting 17+ platform with QlikView On Demand reporting - Commonly Missed Configuration ItemsArticle Number: 000041284 | Last Modified: 2019/06/20
Common On Demand Errors:
- User does not have access to the resource
- Error 403 Forbidden
- The NPrinting server cannot be reached. Please contact your administrator.
- Trusted origin errors with F12 Developer Tools enabled in your internet browser
- The above On Demand errors will occur when basic setup and configuration steps are missed.
- Applies to NP 17+ higher versions with QlikView server
- Incomplete installation, setup and configuration of On Demand will result in failure to generate on demand reports as expected
How to resolve these issues:! This article applies to the QlikView supported On Demand Objects Exclusively
First double check that all the steps in the On Demand Setup instructions have been met in the link below:
- Have you configured all 'trusted origins' that users may be accessing the QV access point from. There is no limit to the number of 'trusted origins' that can be entered into the NP web console>Admin>Settings>On Demand settings page. The 'trusted origin' refers to the entry point to the QV access point servers as well as the QlikView server. All access point server addresses and the QV server address need to be added as trusted origins in the format shown in the online help guide found in the Install Components link above.
- Have you given the NP security role 'User' permission to 'Create' On Demand reports? (associated with 'user has no access to the resource 403 error')
- Have you manually created the QlikView Management API group? Was the NP server service account added to this group as well as the QlikView Administrators group? (In some cases, you may need to reboot the server to enable NPrinting to recognize that the NP service account is added to the QlikView Management API group)
- Have you mapped your windows domain user account your NPrinting user account that you access the NPrinting Web Console with?
- Are you using QVP connections? (local connections do not work with NP On Demand)
- Did you log into the local computer. You must log into the computer using your Domain Account that is associated with your NPrinting user account.
- Did you install the correct version of the On Demand components? When installing, did you use remember to add the port number to the link in the NPrinting server when prompted for the NP server address : ie: https://qlikserverNP.qlik.com:4993 If no, then you must reinstall the On Demand components again where the QV access point is installed.
- Have you performed the installation of the QlikView Access Point on IIS (Microsoft Internet Information Server). If yes, then you must follow the steps in laid out in the following link to ensure On Demand for QlikView will work as designed.
- QlikView On Demand extension objects can only be used with QlikView and may not be used with Qlik Sense On Demand reporting
- For Qlik Sense specific requirements and configuration see NPrinting On Demand With Qlik Sense Requirements
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.