SQL Connector: How to activate and find trace records
Article Number: 000040980 | Last Modified: 2018/11/21
The table /QTQVC/TRACE is used to store trace information for the SQL Connector.
Records are written when the connection string property "Trace=1;" is added in SQL Connection String in the script.
CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=QvSAPSqlConnector.exe;servertype=0;...;........;Trace=true;...............;XUserId=xxxx;XPassword=xxxxx;";
- To activate the trace, set Trace=1 in the connection string (from release 6.1 above, it also works with trace=true;). Note that, by default, trace is set to "false".
- To retrieve the Trace records:
- First find the Jobnumber in the SQL connector log. By default the log are saved in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPSqlConnector\Log
- On SAP side use transaction SE16 and enter the Jobnumber
- Press the ‘Execute’ button.
- To save the records in an Excel file, click on System > List > Save > Local File
- It is recommended to have the Trace set to "false". Keeping Trace to "true" would have negative impact on the performance.
- It is possible to delete old Trace records from the database by using the transaction /n/qtqvc/delete in the SAP system.