General: when "NET STOP" has trouble stopping service, use "TASKKILL" instead.
Article Number: 000039523 | Last Modified: 2019/11/25
When try to stop a service(any service, regardless Qlik related or not), either via SERVICES interface or by command NET STOP, the service gets stuck at "STOPPING" status or runs into errors but does not stop. What should be done?
Services can hang, not usually a product defect.
Use TASKKILL instead. Parameters that can be used are for example the name of the process or the current PID.
TASKKILL /f qvs.exe
TASKKILL /f /pid XXXX
More information about the syntax can be found here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491009.aspx
- Services can hang, not usually a product defect.
- Qlik Support can do very little about a hanging service.
- Only when following both conditions are fulfilled and confirmed, Qlik Support would treat it as a product defect:
- The version of Qlik Product is currently supported.
- The service hanging incident can be reliably reproduced after a series of user actions.