This article describes how to resolve the issue with NP Designer:
NOTE:The following steps MUST performed on all monitors attached to the computer where the NPrinting designer is installed.A reboot MUST occur after the following settings are applied to all monitors.
- Not opening with errors
- Opens and previews reports with extreme magnification and output appearance.
- After the splash screen appears, nothing happens but you can see the NP designer process running in the Windows Task Manager
- Crashes entirely
- NPrinting tags cannot be dragged into report template
The zoom level on Windows 10 which is set to 125 percent by default (or other value) which adversely affects the NPrinting Designer on open behavior.
NPrinting Designer is only able to leverage a zoom level of 100 percent at this timeNote:
- An internal Qlik Ideation has been started with our R&D team to resolve this however a major NPrinting Designer revision would be required. One possible solution to additional flexibility with Windows 10 and Window Server 2016 zoom settings is the development of an NPrinting Web Designer. This is currently added as an idea/feature request but not yet inserted as NPrinting product road map priority at this time.
- Ideation ID 1568: NPrinting Web Designer
Installation of a local copy of MS Office 2019, 2016. 2013, 2010 (Office 365 is not officially supported prior to June 2019 NPrinting release).Advanced Scaling/Zoom level which must be set to 100 percent on the Windows OS
to prevent any further NP Excel template editor issues on open.
Reboot your computer to fully apply/complete the changed settings.NOTE
- Remote Desktop connection: If you are connecting to the NPrinting Designer through a Remote Desktop Connection to another computer, you need to update your local laptop/desktop computer operating system display settings/advanced scaling settings are set to 100 percent. The remote computer will then take your local desktop zoom settings.
- Multiple Monitors: If you have Multiple Monitors, each monitor must be configured to 100 percent zoom setting, Different zoom settings on separate monitors connected to the same NP designer computer will also cause NPrinting Designer reporting problems described above.
- The issue could also be a DPI problem. For more information, see NPrinting Designer : Unable to edit Excel report with Windows 10 - NPrinting cannot find a supported template editor