While previewing a report, generating a connection or running a report task,one of the error messages below may be displayed on the screen or registered in the log files:
Object Reference not set to an instance of an object
sequence contains no elements
unprocessed request (s)
NPrinting 17 and 18
Invalid dimensions, measures (expressions).
NOTE: The June 2018 edition of NPrinting resolves issues with corrupted sheet or sheet objects in QlikView and Qlik Sense by ignoring them during the metadata reload.
- Invalid filters
- Filters that contain no data
- Qlik Sense Master items: errors will occur since master items do not have Sense IDs. See NPrinting and Master Items Usage via Qlik Sense Connections
- An unsupported or faulty Qlik Sense extension is used in the App. This must be removed or updated accordingly. See the Qlik Sense online help for version specific details.
- Invalid formulas in public or private sheets
From the Release Notes:Cache reload of Qlik Sense connections with invalid objects failed Jira issue ID: OP-7229 The cache reload process of Qlik Sense connections with invalid objects failed with the error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
- Correctly update sheet containing invalid objects and measures or expression so that the object measures contain valid formulas.
- Check filters to ensure they are valid and working as expected and set up correctly:
- value is: should be used with text or alphanumeric
- numeric value is: should be used with numbers or numeric values only. Make sure that the numbers seen in the date are truly numbers and not 'text'.
- evaluate: should be used with using a formula to create a dynamic filter ie: Year(now()) -1
- Update your dimensions and measures (expressions) such that they are valid.
- For example if you have an invalid formula in a measure, expression or dimension, this would need to be updated so that the formula is valid and the expression is "OK"
If Qlik Sense exclusively,
- remove any unneeded unpublished private sheets as they may contain objects with invalid formulas
- Copy the Qlik Sense app and use the copied app for reporting purposes. The copied app does not include private sheets. Use the copied app for reporting purposes.
- Remove any unsupported 'Extensions'
- NOTE: If you need to keep the private sheets, you must fix all invalid formulas in the private sheets. You must also fix any invalid formulas in your Publish Sense sheets as well. Further you can remove the sheets entirely if they are not needed.