An NPrinting user import task may fail if users affected are being updated and deleted, but the users have existing dependencies in the system.
The import task execution happens behind the scenes and there is no immediate user interface to show alerts when the necessary conditions are not met.
These alerts will show in the failed task log file.
- For example, if the import task options are set to update or delete users, only users with no dependencies will be updated or deleted in the system.
- Users that have dependencies will not be deleted.
- The import task will fail to avoid having orphaned associations in the repository database.
- The failed task log file will show an error message such as "User email_address is in use"
These dependencies can be:
1. The user is an Administrator ( the only one administrator )
2. The user belongs to a group
3. The user has an associated filter
4. The user is active, logged in
5. The user is enabled ( account active )
6. Has delivery configured, belongs to distribution group for a published task
For more information about users with groups and filters please refer to the version appropriate NPrinting Help Site