This article explains how to send request to Nprinting On-Demand API using Postman.
- There have been bug fixes applied to the REST connector that comes with QlikView and Qlik Sense.
- Before proceeding below, check the following article: NPrinting API Setup Requirements
- Qlik Nprinting Server 17.4 (June 2017) or higher (Qlik Nprinting Engine also needs to be installed. It is not required to install the On-demand QlikView extension)
- "Enable On-Demand and API report generation" should be enabled on the report.
For Qlik Sense:
- Qlik Sense Server 3.2 or higher
For Qlik View:
- QlikView Desktop 11.20 SR15 or higher and 12.00 SR5 are supported.
- QlikView Desktop 12.10 SR1 or higher is supported starting from Qlik NPrinting 17.2.2 and includes On-Demand reports.
- QlikView Desktop Personal Edition is not supported.
Please see help site for more details regarding Qlik Nprinting API.
First of all, install the Postman Chrome extension.
See QRS API using Xrfkey header in Postman
for some basic knowledge about how to getting started with Postman.
If it returns code:0 (Status: 200 OK) then it means that the authentication went well.
If it returns code:1 (Status: 401 Unauthorized), then it may be that the Windows user used does not have sufficient rights.
Go to the Nprinting Web Console and make sure that the user exists and is enabled:
Fetch the report ID to run
We now need to fetch the report ID for the report we want to run.
The report ID in this case is ce4cd669-4040-4b9c-9f20-94541c907f9e.
Send on-demand request
The following response should be returned:
The request ID is b81a2160-d871-4c09-952c-bd8d28563986
in this case. We can use this ID to check the request status and fetch the request when it is completed.
Fetch On-demand request status
You will need to open this URL in a browser tab in order to download the report as Postman will just show the file as binary.
A popup will appear and asks if you want to download the file.
Note: If you are not authenticated in the browser you are trying to request this URL from. You will need to log in again using https://yourservername:4993/api/v1/login/ntlm