When preview reports in NPrinting 17+, you may encounter situations where you receive messages that state the preview is taking more than 10 minutes.
Previewing a report without a report filter will result in a report for all data. The report is essentially unfiltered and will use all data available unless a filter is added. This can cause the warning message described above.
1. Create a Filter in the filters section of the NP web console
2. Pick the app that contains the connection with the dimension value that you wish to use as a filter
3. Choose a filter field or fields like a specific date, year, month or what ever you prefer that will utilize a minimal set of data
4. Add the filter to the report as a report filter
5. Preview the report
The new filter added to the report should allow the report to be generated and previewed more quickly based on the filter that you have created and added to the report.
*NOTE: to ensure filters are configured accurately, please visit the following link:https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-filters.htm
In the Values drop-down menu you can select from:
- Value is: use this option if you want to select a string. For example, if you want to select USA in the Country field.
- Numeric value is: in QlikView all field values are potentially dual values. This means that field values can have both a numeric value and a textual value. An example is a date that could have a numeric value of 40908 and the textual representation ‘2011-12-31’. So, use this option if you want to select a numeric value.
- Evaluate value: select this option if you want to insert a QlikView expression that needs to be evaluated. It must return a single value.