Qlik Sense Repository Service log shows "Fatal exception could not create temporary file" errorArticle Number: 000037042 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
- All services are able to start in Services window
- QMC/HUB not available showing "Cannot display website"
- Port 443/80 is not listening(indicates Proxy is not functional)
- Port 4242 is not listening(indicates Repository Service is not functional)
- HOSTNAME_System_Repository log shows "Fatal exception could not create temporary file "base/pgsql_tmp/pgsql_tmpXXXX.XXXX": Permission denied"(XXXX.XXXX would be numbers).
- Login the server as user Service Account that runs Repository Service
- Run Regedit, check value of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QlikSenseRepositoryDatabase\ImagePath" key
- Examine the "-D" parameter to identify the data folder
- Sample value: "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -N "QlikSenseRepositoryDatabase" -D "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6" -o "-p 4432"
- Data folder would be "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6"
- Temporarily disable all Anti-Virus on the server or exclude all Qlik Sense folders by following Qlik Sense Folder And Files To Exclude From Anti-Virus Scanning
- Stop all Qlik Services including Repository Database
- Go to data folder found out in step 3, manually allow service user to have full access to this folder.
- Under this folder, confirm whether there is a file called "postmaster.pid"
- If "postmaster.pid" exists, rename it to "postmaster.pid.backup"
- Start Qlik Sense Repository Database, make sure "postmaster.pid" is recreated
- Start Qlik Sense Repository Service, see if the error still appears.
- After port 4242 is confirmed to be listening, start other services.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.