This article provides basic troubleshooting steps if you have issues with syncing users in AD in QlikSense
Symptoms may include:
- Users are not syned into Sense
- Active Directory related tasks are failing
- Sync is not started
- Sync in Idle status
Here are some steps you should follow to verify that you have the correct configuration of the LDAP setup
1) Verify that the services are run under correct account.
All services have to run under dedicated account except QlikSense Repository Database Service which has to be run under Local System.http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deployment/Change-user-accounts.htm
2) Try a 3rd party tool, search on Google for any LDAP browser and check if the connection is working there.
You have to use the same filter you are using in LDAP.
3) Verify that the service account has access privileges towards LDAP.
4) Try to use any customized filter for LDAP to see if it works at all.https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-write-ldap-search-filters-792496933.html
5) Restart Repository Service but only when it will not affect the current users much.