Story Export PDF or PowerPoint Does Not Match What is Shown on ScreenArticle Number: 000035044 | Last Modified: 2019/12/19
The output of a user created story with snapshots is different when exported than on screen. The exported PDF or PowerPoint output is either displaying additional columns or missing columns.
Trying to change the printing options (1) Fit to page and (2) Keep current size does not make any difference. Even trying to change the Page Orientation and Page margin were not successful either.
Storytelling behavior: Once the snapshot is put into a story and then resized, the content of the snapshot is not rendered again, responsiveness doesn’t happen. Sense performs only a resize.
SensePrinting behavior: SensePrinting doesn’t take a screenshot of what is present in the story but it renders the visualization again using the client JS and considering the new size, not the original one which is not available.
The PDF documents are generated using the following properties:
- Margins: 1cm
- Alignment: Top - Left
There are list of unsupported objects:
- Animations Effects
- Picasso native objects
- Any third party extension that does not fulfill the official guidelines
- Filter panes
- Menu bar
- Sheet titles
- <<data last loaded information>> footer (embedded sheets)
- Chart with negative or zero values (they are not printable by design)
- Embedded sheets which are no longer linked to the original sheet
It is important to note when doing a snapshot of a visualization then use it into a story then resize it, the exported story as PDF or PowerPoint the result:
- May have a different data (less or more bars/bullets/rows/columns)
- May have difference in the look and feel (example Minichart appears/disappears, legend changes position)
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.