NPrinting Designer may display Issue after attempting to open the NPrinting Template Editor
Qlik NPrinting Designer can't find a supported reporting template editor for this file
This error may occur if:
- The NPrinting Designer is not installed correctly ie: on the c:\drive
- MS Office version is unsupported or registry issues exist causing a corrupted office version
- The template is damaged or not reachable
- NPrinting installation has become corrupted
Are you on the latest version of NPrinting?
- If no, it is highly recommended to also upgrade to the latest version of NPrinting (both NP designer and NP server must be upgraded together) to mitigate issues with the NPrinting Designer and NP Server and to leverage all bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Verify the Report file
- Do a search in all subfolders of the 'Apps' folder for the report file ID in the path C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps.
ie: In the example from the above image you would search for the ID 49790c7847e04923ae78d6cbffedd2d3.pptx
- If the file is found, then simply attempt to open it. If it opens normally then it should be healthy otherwise it have have become corrupted.
- If the file is not found, then it may have been manually deleted or moved to another location. Files should not be moved from this location for any reason. If a backup is needed, do the following article backup procedure to save all files and database data How to BackUp and Restore NPrinting Repository Database from End to End
If the file is healthy, do the following troubleshooting
- Uninstall the NP designer
- Make sure the the target computer is a member of the same domain that the NPrinting server exists.
- Make sure to download the NP designer software version that matches identically the version of the NP server that it is connecting to
ie: both NP designer and NP server should be NPrinting April 2019 Release.
- Ensure the user account used to install the NP software is a member of the same domain that the NP server resides
- This domain user account that the NP designer installer/user should also be a member of the local administrators group on the NP designer computer.
- If MS office is installed, please uninstall it
Ensure a supported version of MS office is available for installation
- Check NPrinting Designer installation requirements here. All of the requirements therein need to be satisfied including the correct version of .NET: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements_designer.htm
- Install a local copy supported copy of MS office.
- Note: Virtualized (Citrix) and or cloud versions (Click to Run) of MS office are not supported by versions of NPrinting 2019 Feb. SR 1 and earlier
- Install a supported copy of Microsoft Office
- Install the NPrinting Designer
- Retest...issue should be resolved
- Complete removal of office 2019 & Nprinting designer
- once removal is completed recreate the Windows profile of the windows account
- once the new profile is created, install office 2019 and NP designer.