How To Work Around the Error: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException'
Article Number: 000034829 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
The error Error: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' may appear when generating a report or report task in the NP 16 designer desktop when a significantly large report is generated in PDF or other formats. A large report may include significant usage of images and several hundred report output pages.
A large report can use up significant system resources.
Please note that NP 16 designer is a 32 bit platform and cannot utilize more that available ram up to 4 GB.
Also, if the QlikView significantly large, this will cause additional performance problems because it will take up a great deal of computer resources. For example a 1 GB QVW will take up as much as 10 GB of in memory space.
Refer to Article 000045598 for more information.
- Reduce the size of the QVW so it is smaller for reporting purposes only. ie: if it contains 5 years of data and you only need last year and this year data for the report, you should copy the qvw and reduce the data to the last two years. Then used the reduced copy for reporting purposes.
- Ensure that there are no other programs running when generating reports from the NP 16 designer
- Use Filters to minimize the set of data that appears in the report
- Use Page feature to split the report by dimension per page
- Try using the source output type. Avoid using PDF output in this case. For example docx, .pptx, .xlsx rather than PDF. Sometimes the 32 bit pdf platform will also result in this error when PDF format is used. You can print the output manually to PDF later if needed outside of NPrinting.