Data can be fetched from a file (e.g .xlsx or .xml) located in the native version of SharePoint (such as 2007, 2010) using ' WebFiles..' (Internet Files) method in Qlikview or Qlik sense. When tried to reload in Qlikview or Qliksense, it does not require any authentication to fetch from SharePoint.
In SharePoint Office365 the authentication mechanism is carried out by Microsoft differently, so an error Access Denied
may be seen when we try to connect SharePoint Office365 using 'WebFiles..' methods in QlikView or Qlik Sense.Enviroment:
- QlikView 12.30
- Qlik Sense Enterprise November 2018
- Qlik Web Connectors November 2018
- Microsoft Office365 Sharepoint
Microsoft SharePoint Office365 authentication mechanism is different from it's previous versions like SharePoint 2007 or 2010. The file URL is not directly allowing use to read data without signing in.
It can be achieved in two ways:
1. Disable authentication(SSO) to connect directly without account sign in.
2. Use Office 365 SharePoint connector
(Qlik Web Connectors).