In some cases, the NP Engine server service will not start or is offline in the NPrinting Web Console Engine manager.
- The NPrinting Engine is connected using the correct server name, not FQDN nor the IP address, such as QlikServer1 not QlikServer1.domain.com not
- The correct NPrinting Engine is installed.
Steps to resolve the issue:
- Uninstall the existing NPrinting Engine. This will remove the NP Engine service
- Download from the Qlik Download site, the matching version of the NP Engine Software that matches the NP Server version. If there are any errors during the download, make another attempt to download the file. (Do NOT install over the network to avoid potential explicit or implicit 'cyclic redundancy check' errors)
ie: If NP 19.0.3 server is installed, you must also install the corresponding version of the NPrinting Engine also NP 19.0.3. Do NOT mismatch Engine and Server versions as this will cause errors.
- Before attempting re-installation: Right click on the installation file and on the 'General' tabs of the file 'Properties' click 'Unblock' if 'Unblock' button is found
- Next, install the NP Engine software. During the install, use the NP server name (not FQDN nor the IP address) during the Engine installation process if the engine is installed on a separate computer. For example use: QlikServer1 not QlikServer1.domain.com not 10.100.122.11
- Next open the NP web console>Admin>Engine Manager and type QlikServer1 not QlikServer1.domain.com not 10.100.122.11 in the 'address' field
- Note: NPrinting Engine connects to the NP Scheduler node. The NP scheduler is loaded on the NP Server. This point is critical if you are installing the NP engine on a computer other than the NP server. See Engine Installation instructions below for more details.