- The NPrinting Engine Computer time and time zone are identical to the NPrinting server time and time zone
- The NPrinting Engine is connected using the correct NPrinting Server name. When installing the NPrinting engine, you must you the name of the NPrinting server that you are connecting to.
Note: avoid using the FQDN nor the IP address: For example, QlikServer1 not QlikServer1.domain.com nor 10.100.122.11 (IP address may change in some environments).
- The correct NPrinting Engine version is installed. It must be the same version as the NPrinting server
Steps to resolve the issue:
If updating the server clock time and time zones do not resolve the issue, do the following:
- Uninstall the existing NPrinting Engine. This will remove the NPrinting Engine service
- Download from the Qlik Download site, the matching version of the NPrinting Engine Software that matches the NPrinting Server version. If there are any errors during the download, make another attempt to download the file. (Do NOT install over the network to avoid potential explicit or implicit 'cyclic redundancy check' errors)
ie: If NPrinting 19.0.3 server is installed, you must also install the corresponding version of the NPrinting Engine also NPrinting 19.0.3. Do NOT mismatch Engine and Server versions as this will cause errors.
- Before attempting re-installation: Right click on the installation file and on the 'General' tabs of the file 'Properties' click 'Unblock' if 'Unblock' button is found
- Next, install the NPrinting Engine software. During the install, use the NP server name (not FQDN nor the IP address) during the Engine installation process if the engine is installed on a separate computer. For example use: QlikServer1 not QlikServer1.domain.com not 10.100.122.11
- Next open the NPrinting web console>Admin>Engine Manager and type QlikServer1 not QlikServer1.domain.com not 10.100.122.11 in the 'address' field
- Note: NPrinting Engine connects to the NPrinting Scheduler node. The NPrinting scheduler is loaded on the NPrinting Server. This point is critical if you are installing the NPrinting engine on a computer other than the NPrinting server. See Engine Installation instructions below for more details.
: To mitigate any upgrade issues when using a different service account to install the NPrinting engine that was originally used to install the NPrinting Engine, please upgrade NPrinting Engine and NPrinting server to November 2019 or later releases. See NPrinting Upgrade Install from NPrinting 17.3.x or higher