Gmail and Nprinting 17: How to set up Nprinting 17 to send emails using a gmail account or server
Article Number: 000033729 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
Beginning from Nprinting 22.214.171.124, Nprinting can send emails to recipients even when the email server is configured with users with encrypted passwords.
using gmail account may not work initially because gmail has a security setting which stops nprinting from sending emails to recipients.
This article describes how to configure gmail for NPrinting to be able to send emails to recipients for an Nprinting report.
Gmail security setting
First set up Nprinting email settings.
Navigate to the following page in Nprinting to set up the email server
on Nprinting Management console clock on Admin --> Settings --> Email Settings
1. Give a name to the smtp server. i.e email server
2. enter gmail smtp address smtp.gmail.com
3. enter the port. Normally it should be 587, but could sometimes be 465 or 25
you can be sure that the server can connect to gmail by a simple telnet test.
e.g telnet smtp.gmail.com 587 or smtp.gmail.com 465
4. enable "use TLS (transport layer security)"
5. Enter your gmail email address and password
6. Enter your default sender email (usually same as your gmail email address)
Configure gmail to allow less secure apps
For security reasons Gmail restricts sign-in attempts from some applications, at the moment, this affects NPrinting 17
Follow the link below to allow gmail to be accessed by apps gmail considers to be less secure
Attachmentsallow less secure apps2.png