The following error has started appearing in the QlikView Management Service logs since adding a new QlikView Server:*Error Failed to retrieve QDS info: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: QDS did not respond to request.
Last exception (for http://QLIKVIEWSERVER:4720/QDS/Service): ANY did not respond to request. *
The QlikView Management Server thinks that the new QlikView Server is also a Distribution server so tries to reach it on port 4720.
When you add a new QlikView Server, it automatically gets added to QDS Cluster table in QVPR. This behaviour has been raised as a bug however this cannot be changed in the code hence the resolution steps above.
You can remove the invalid QlikView Distribution Server reference via the Management Console. To remove the reference you must do the following:
<!-- Possibility to make Reload Engines visible under Setup/System Distribution services -->
- Stop the QlikView Management Service service
- Navigate to the configuration file for the QMS, by default located in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config
- Locate the value:
<add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="false"/>
- Change it from "false" to "true"
- Save the file in its original location
- Start the QlikView Management Service service again
- In the QMC, navigate to System - Setup - Distribution Services
- Locate the incorrect reference and delete it.
This should resolve this issue and remove the error in the alert from the QMC.