The firewall may preventing connections between NPrinting and Qlik Sense machines, although all the services were up and running and Engine was online. The requisite ports for QRS API and QPS may not opened in either of the machines.
As NPrinting uses the QRS API to call Qlik Sense, we need to ensure that the port 4242 (QRS API port) and 4243 (QPS port) is open for outbound in the NPrinting and inbound in the Qlik Sense machine. Additionally, we must ensure that all the following ports are open.
- 80 HTTP
- 443 HTTPS
- 4242 Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS) REST API listen port. Connecting to the QRS API
- 4243 Qlik Sense Proxy Service (QPS) REST API listen port. QPS API URL
- 4244 HTTPS Windows authentication
- 4747 Qlik Sense Engine Service (QES) listen port.
- 4992 Repository service
- 4993 Web Console proxy. Uses HTTPS protocol
- 4994 NewsStand proxy. Uses HTTPS protocol.
- 4995 Windows authentication service
- 4996 Web engine service
- 4997 NP Engine Certificate Services
- 5672 Qlik NPrinting Messaging Service
We must also ensure that the domain\user provided in the 'Identity' field of a connection has access to the Qlik Sense app we are connecting to.