Is it possible to upgrade windows server OS on the same machine where QlikView is installed?
How will Windows Update and Windows Service packs affect QlikView?
Questions often arise when upgrading or applying Windows Service packs or running Windows Update, e.g. "Will applying service packs or patches from Microsoft affect installed QlikView Server or client?"
Typically upgrading Windows or applying patches or installing Window Service packs should not affect any installed QlikView products. As a precaution to prevent unexpected effects, below practices are recommended.
QlikView all versions
General best practices to prepare for updates include:
- Create a Windows Operating System Restore Point (for patches / updates)
- Create a backup of the QlikView environment. See What files to include in Backup for QlikView and the QlikView Help Site for details.
- If using certificates, backup the available certificates. See the QlikView Help Site for details.
- Make sure your security, account, and GPO settings won´t be overwritten on windows level after the upgrade. Changes to security and account settings due to the GPO can affect service account permissions.
- If a VM or other virtualization technology is in use, take a snapshot.