Qlik Sense Folder And Files To Exclude From AntiVirus Scanning
Article Number: 000031189 | Last Modified: 2019/12/05
Qlik Sense requires access to predetermined TCP and UDP ports to function. If anti-virus software prevents traffic on these ports, Qlik Sense may not function as expected. This can include running exe files, data connections, etc.
Qlik Sense constantly updates a number of log files and also relies on multiple config and binary files to function correctly. If these files and folders are being scanned by the anti-virus software, then this may cause upgrades/installation to fail, performance issues, or cause the services to fail.
The following folders should be considered for an exception:
A machine reboot is required.
- All executables under %ProgramFiles%\Qlik\Sense (Verify requirements on the Qlik Sense Online Help for the installed version.)
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik
- The App folder configured in the Service Cluster, which stores all app files
- We do not recommend excluding the Static Content folder in the Service Cluster, as this is the target location for end user uploads
- If the PostgreSQL database is installed on another machine please refer to the PostgreSQL manual for more details https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows
- With latest releases of Qlik Sense, files with ".lock" extensions are generated, and each binary app file has its own .lock file. These file must be excluded from analysis as well.
Ports to be excluded from Anti-Virus Monitoring / Blocking
Note: Qlik Support cannot provide support and services for any Qlik Servers in which performance issues, port issues, installation, patching, or upgrading problems occur if these directories are not made exempt for any and all Anti-Virus solution. It will be best-effort, as the exclusions of these directories is a prerequisite to Qlik software.
- See the relevant piece of documentation for your version of Qlik Sense: Help Site > Deploy > Planning your deployment > Architecture > Ports
Ref: Qlik Sense Help, Deploy > Troubleshooting - Deployment > Anti-virus software scanning affects performance