The customer connects or connected to the NPrinting server using a remote desktop connection.
QlikView Entity reports cannot be created. The Schedule log shows this error message:
Qlik NPrinting PDF Printer timeout: a print job for C:\Users\AdminNP\AppData\Local\Temp\7091c3f261bd4dc6aac952eea2f47389.pdf started but never ended.
If you go to ControlPanel>Devices and Printers, right click on the QlikNPrinting PDF printer and choose "See what's printing" you see that there are some void queues created.
Office reports can be generated correctly in PDF format.Environment:
The problem occurs when a user is connecting to the NPrinting Server using the NPrinting Service account. This can cause a redirection of the NPrinting PDF printer that cannot print reports for that NPrinting Service user.
The steps in Resolution stop the redirection of the NPrinting PDF printer that can be used to generate QlikView Entity reports.
It is recommended to do not connect remotely to a server as the NPrinting user.
You can follow these steps to resolve the issue:In any client machine that is used to connect to the server:
1. Open the remote desktop connection and click on Show options (preferably use the NPrinting user account running the service)
2. Choose Local Resources in the ribbon bar and remove
the Printer option.
3. Click on General in the ribbon bar.
Enter the address of the NPrinting Server machine (the machine where NPrinting Engine is installed).
Enter the NPrinting Engine Service name. You have to connect as the NPrinting User.
Save the connection if you prefer (not mandatory).
Click on connect to connect to the server.On the NPrinting Server
4. Go to Control Panel > devices and Printers.
Right click on the QlikView NPrinting PDF Printer.
Set it as the default printer.
5. Stop all the NPrinting Services
6. Log out
from the machine or restart the machine.
7. Connect again (not using the NPrinting User account), restart the NPrinting services and verify the solution.