Qlik NPrinting PDF Printer timeout. Printer redirection in NPrinting 17Article Number: 000030980 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
QlikView Entity reports cannot be created. The Schedule log shows this error message:
Qlik NPrinting PDF Printer timeout: a print job for C:\Users\AdminNP\AppData\Local\Temp\7091c3f261bd4dc6aac952eea2f47389.pdf started but never ended.
If you go to ControlPanel>Devices and Printers, right click on the QlikNPrinting PDF printer and choose "See what's printing" you see that there are some void queues created.
Office reports can be generated correctly in PDF format.
- NPrinting 17
The steps in Resolution stop the redirection of the NPrinting PDF printer that can be used to generate QlikView Entity reports.
It is recommended to do not connect remotely to a server as the NPrinting user.
In any client machine that is used to connect to the server:
1. Open the remote desktop connetion and click on Show options
2. Choose Local Resources in the ribbon bar and remove the Printer option.
3. Click on General in the ribbon bar.
Enter the address of the NPrinting Server machine (the machine where NPrinting Engine is installed).
Enter the NPrinting Engine Service name. You have to connect as the NPrinting User.
Save the connection if you prefer (not mandatory).
Click on connect to connect to the server.
On the NPrinting Server
4. Go to Control Panel > devices and Printers.
Right click on the QlikView NPrinting PDF Printer.
Set it as the default printer.
5. Stop all the NPrinting Services
6. Log out from the machine or restart the machine.
7. Connect again (not using the NPrinting User account), restart the NPrinting services and verify the solution.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.