QlikView Desktop Client does not show System DSN in "Connect" in the Edit Script module and the Desktop Client is slow and unresponsive at times
Article Number: 000030531 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
The System DSNs are not shown in "Connect" (clicking the button and the connection list table) in the Edit Script module in the QlikView Desktop Client. The Desktop Client is really slow: opening the script takes almost a minute, opening the "connect" takes another minute. Reloading via the desktop, fails immediately since the connections are not seen by QlikView. Reloading through the QlikView Management Console also doesn't work. In the reload log following error can be observed:
0050 ODBC CONNECT32 TO ***
Error: QlikView Connector is not responding.
QlikView Connector is not responding.
The same can happen for the 64 bit connection.
The unresponsiveness of the Desktop Client was most likely caused by the Client attempting to run a Connector not located in the right path that was specified in the Settings.ini file.
The Edit Script Module was taking long time to open as it was trying to load the QVConnector on the back-end and it could not access it.
1. Shutdown the Desktop Client. Find the Settings.ini file in the Installation folder.
2. Check if inside the Settings.ini file a different path to the QVConnector is located.
3. Remove that path (save the path in a different text document - just in case)
4. Save and close the document.
5. Following the alternative path provided in the Settings.ini file located the QVConnector file and move it back to the installation folder.
6. Run the desktop Client and see if everything is OK - the script editor module should open normally and all the System DSN should be visible in the available connections list.