When the user launches Qlik Sense desktop he gets the error Could not Reach http://localhost:4848/hub with error (-102). and the Qlik Sense Desktop window is blank.
When QlikSense launches, it will immidately attempt to connect to port 4848. If this is not possible, because the port binding hasn't yet been concluded, the error "“Could not Reach http://localhost:4848/hub
with error (-102)” will be shown.
If the customer is not deploying QlikSense directly, but offering it in a virtualised environment and are then providing it to users wrapped. However, if the software is directly deployed on the virtual machines, it works. Recommend moving away from the app delivery system, as that is not a tested and supported usage of the software regardless, and we cannot guarantee that they won't have additional problems.
There are several ways to resolve this issue:
1. First ask if they are using a proxy for internet connection.
2. If they are not using proxy try the following:
- Press F5 to refresh the connection and the connection should be established to the desktop browser
- Run Qlik Sense Desktop as Administrator - "Run as Administrator"
- As workaround: open google chrome and go to URL: http://127.0.0.1:4848/hub, that should create the connection in the Desktop Client
3. If they are using a proxy to connect to the internet check in the Internet Connection Settings the following:
- Check the internet connection settings on the local machine and make sure that bypass proxy for localhost is checked.
More information can be found at:https://community.qlik.com/thread/235167https://community.qlik.com/message/577729