Figure out the correct LDAP filters for your Active Directory groups can be a hassle. With this script, you can get LDAP filters at ease after you synced your User directory connector (UDC) successfully.
LDAP filters are stored in UserAttributes table.
1. Make sure that you, Qlik Sense administrator, is a member of your target Active Directory groups.
2. Make sure that you, Qlik Sense administrator, is an existing user in Qlik Sense.
3. User directory connector (UDC) for Active Directory is created
4. The User Sync task for your UDC is Successfully syncedInstruction:
1. Download, unzip and run the script with PowerSchell (Right-click > Run with PowerShell)
2. Select the installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense)
3. Enter Repository password if needed.
4. Output <date>-<hostname>-GroupLDAPfilter.txt will be generated.Tips:
Commonly used LDAP syntax for a filter is to "OR" 2 elements together with the "|" character (called the pipe character):(|( element 1 )( element 2 ))
e.g.(|( memberOf=<group 1> )( memberOf=<group 2> ))Related TopicHow to Filter Active Directory to Sync Qlik Sense Users