Emails are not successfully sent from NPrinting 17+ Environment
Take the following steps to ensure email is sent successfully from the NPrinting server:
- Ensure the NPrinting SMTP settings in the NP Web Console are configured correctly: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/Setup/HowSetUpE-mailNPrinting/Set-up-email.htm
- The email server is configured to allow relaying/white-listing of internal and target external email addresses as well as the NPrinting "From" email similar to below:
- From: email@example.com
- External: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Correct Roles Assigned: Check the user for delivery has the correct roles assigned.
Please Note: the 'User' role is not enabled by default. Please enable this role before proceeding. View the following link for User Security Management: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/Security/ManageSecurity/Security-management.htm
Correct NPrinting user roles for email distribution are: (NOTE: the Developer role does not have authorization to receive email as defined by this role's default configuration.)
- NewsStand User
- See the screen shot below, which describes adding roles to users.
- Go to Admin>Users>Roles to get to this screen.
- Once the correct roles are added, click 'update user roles'.
- Correct Publish Task Configuration: Ensure the following is done in the Publish Task, which contains the report to deliver to the users with the correct roles:
- Ensure the Report in the report task is enabled for email.
- In the Users/Groups section of the task, add the users with the correct roles to the task.
- Ensure the Destination is set to send email to the specific users or all users.
- Run the task manually or schedule a trigger to run the task to send reports to the correctly configured NPrinting users.
NP 17.6 only - bug issue
: If the configuration is absolutely correct and you are running NP 17.6 November 2017 release
, there is a known bug in that version that affects email for some customers. Solution:
Clustered email server
- Upgrade to the latest release of NPrinting 18.x.x (or higher) to ensure that the email server administrator allows relaying and delivery of emails from the NPrinting server
: If the email server is a cluster node like NETSCALAR, you must point to a single cluster node in the cluster and not the primary cluster address to ensure email delivery works as expectedOther considerations:
Many SMTP server have anti-spam rules. Check the following on the target SMTP server:
- add the NP sender to a white list
- add the NP server IP address to a white list
- If there is a limited amount of email messages that is possible to send in a specific amount of time, this value will need to be increased on the SMTP server
- Check the maximum number of allowed message parameters. This value must be increased if these parameters are throttling with a maximum allowable messages limit
- Check the maximum allowed message size parameters. If there is an attachment size limit, this may need to be increased on your email server to accommodate the size of the NP files being generated and delivered.
- Check that the SMTP server for any other anti-spam settings that may be throttling messages coming from the NP server
- Check that the SMTP server is allowing 'relaying' of emails from the NP server